WALKFIT PROGRAMS ARE OPEN FOR REGISTRATION NOW -
Please call the store or stop in to register! Do THIS for yourself!
Let us help you get started! We know that not everyone is interested in running, that is why we are happy to offer you Walk FIT at Fleet Feet Sports Baltimore this year.
More than 190 million Americans are overweight or obese. Studies show that 60% of American adults don't get the recommended amount of physical activity, and over 25% of adults are not active at all.
Walk FIT is an inclusive program that encourages increased activity throughout the day. We help you focus on changing habits with daily support over an program. Wearing a pedometer will increase the number of steps you take. Strong social connections and gradual increase in fitness will support you as you develop new healthy/walking habits.
Don't be nervous, we are here to walk you through every step of the way.
May 21 - Juy 13,2014 - 8 Weeks
Time: Every Wednesday Evening @ 6pm
Cost: $89 - Comes with a Technical T-Shirt
- Program is designed for someone that walks occasionally, but is looking to increase his/her walking and wants to do a 5K (3.1miles)
- Participants will receive a schedule asking them to walk at least 3 times a week
- Talks on nutrition, injury prevention, and other walking related subjects to help participants succeed.
The benefits of walking regularly include:
- Weight maintenance
- Diabetes control
- Cardiovascular health
- Cognitive improvements
- Decrease in risk of cancer
- Middle aged women walking 1 hour per day maintained their weight over decades
- Studies of senior citizens who walk regularly showed significant improvement in memory skills compared to sedetary eldery people
- Walking also improved their learning ability, concentration, and abstract reasoning
- Stroke risk was cut by 57% in people who walked as little as 20 minutes per day
- You can do this!