WALKFIT PROGRAM IS OPEN FOR REGISTRATION NOW -
Please call the store or stop in to register! Do THIS for yourself!
Do you want to walk with a group and get in some miles. We know that not everyone is interested in running, that is why we are happy to offer you Walk FIT at Fleet Feet Sports Baltimore this summer. This is a PURE walking program and will take you from casual walking to walking a 10k/10 miler or more throughout the course of the summer. We ask that you are comfortable walking 2 miles comfortably; but our experienced coaches will make putting on distance fun and inspiring.
At Fleet Feet Sports, we are passionate about helping you get fit, and walking is an excellent low impact activity to do that! As the name implies, WalkFIT is strictly walking.
Sound good? Come on out and see what our walking program is all about ... Saturday, June 2 at 8am. You'll meet Coach Marie Smith and learn more about what she and Coach Shotsie Wilson have in store!!
Walk FIT is an inclusive program that encourages increased activity throughout the day. We help you focus on changing habits with daily support over an program. Wearing a pedometer will increase the number of steps you take. Strong social connections and gradual increase in fitness will support you as you develop new healthy/walking habits.
Don't be nervous, we are here to walk you through every step of the way.
JUNE 16 - OCTOBER 20
Time: Every Saturday morning ... Times and Locations TBA
Cost: $110 - Comes with a Technical T-Shirt
- Program is designed for someone that walks occasionally, but is looking to increase his/her walking and wants to do a 5K (3.1miles)/10k (6.2 miles) or MORE!!
- Participants will receive a schedule asking them to walk at least 3 times a week
- Talks on nutrition, injury prevention, and other walking related subjects to help participants succeed.
The benefits of walking regularly include:
- Weight maintenance
- Diabetes control
- Cardiovascular health
- Cognitive improvements
- Decrease in risk of cancer
- Middle aged women walking 1 hour per day maintained their weight over decades
- Studies of senior citizens who walk regularly showed significant improvement in memory skills compared to sedetary eldery people
- Walking also improved their learning ability, concentration, and abstract reasoning
- Stroke risk was cut by 57% in people who walked as little as 20 minutes per day
- You can do this!
WalkFIT Program Open NOW! More Info »
SATURDAY, JUNE 16 - SATURDAY, OCT. 20
Saturday Mornings from June - October
Baltimore Running Festival or any Fall Race
$110 - Race Fees Optional
We are offering our WALK FIT program in conjunction with our Summer/Fall Training Programs. We will take you from casually walking 2 miles or so to a 10k (6.2 miles) - 10 miles or more. Coach Marie Smith along with Coach Shotsie Wilson will make your summer FUN and INSPIRATIONAL while getting in your miles! JOIN US!!